Christ Church Rio is led by the Reverends Mark Simpson and Alex Cacouris. Mark and Alex are supported by CMS (the Church Mission Society), based in the UK.
As a church, we believe we are called to be the light of Christ for Rio de Janeiro:
- the light that draws English speakers of every nation to Him;
- the light that shines with God’s peace to transform this marvellous city.
For nearly 200 years, Christ Church Rio has been meeting to worship in English, here in Rio de Janeiro. All are welcome: young or old, whatever your background, however long you have been in Rio. Our services are in the Anglican tradition, but our international congregation reflects the diversity in the worldwide Church.
Along with Anglican churches around the world, we believe that God calls us to share in his mission. The Five Marks of Mission are:
- to proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom;
- to teach, baptise and nurture new believers;
- to respond to human need by loving service;
- to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation;
- to strive to safeguard the integrity of creation, and sustain and renew the life of the earth.